I had two good days of running.
Saturday: Chris & I got up and went to the Teco trail in Auburndale. Chris rides his bike while I run. Running is to much impact on his ankle, but bike riding is perfect for his ankle. So I am training for a 10k, and I need to start upping my mileage. Yesterday was my first 5mi run. I felt great the whole time. It was about 43degrees when we set out on the trail. I was layered. I had yoga pants on, a long sleeve C9 shirt from Target, an underarmour hoodie. I had on a beanie, gloves, and i also had the hood of my hoodie up. I made it to about 3mi before i started taking stuff off. i started with my gloves and worked my way through what I had on till I got to my sports bra and my pants. Lol. I was so hot. When we got back to the parking lot there were 2 ladies on bikes and one of them made a big ol' fuss about the fact that I only had on a sports bra.
Sunday: Today Chris & I got up and went to a trail in Winter Haven and goes into Lake Alfred. We parked in downtown Winter Haven and headed out. I was only going to do 4-5 miles. Then Chris said "c'mon babe you can do 6 miles, whats one more mile".... so the stupid competitiveness in me kicked in and I had to complete the 6 miles. It actually wasn't bad. Again it was 42 degrees when we left. Today i only wore pants, a tank top and my underarmour hoodie. i also wore gloves and beanie.. I took my sweatshirt and beanie off at 4 miles. It was a good run. I felt really good. I know its not recommended to up mileage that quickly... Afterwards we went to tropical smoothie and i got a delish low cal Hawaiian Breeze smoothie, yum yum!!!
I found another 10k i might want to register for in February. This one is in Christmas, FL and its a trail run, not on paved roads. I think it will be fun, i'm leaning more towards that one then then the 10k in Melbourne!
I also found a race in January that I am going to run. It's the Citrus Classic in Auburndale. i'm excited! I love races!
Sunday, January 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment