I got another 6 miles in yesterday! That makes me happy! I've been wanting/needing to get my mileage back so badly. Who cares if I have to drive 30 minutes in the opposite direction of my house to get to a good trail. It's worth it. I started out kinda slow, actually the first 4 miles were pretty slow. Then around mile 4 I decided I wasn't going to look at my watch I was just going to run. So i turned my music up and ran. I started to focus on an object in front of me, i'd focus on it till I was right up on it then change my focus to some other object. This actually worked really well for me. I was singing in my head just running running running. My pace went from 9:45, to 8:34-8:45, which is actually a comfortable pace for me when I get going. I find that looking at my watch slows me down, I think I get nervous about my pace. I don't want to run to hard because I want to be able to run my whole run- I don't like have to stop & walk. I realize sometimes you just have to stop & walk but I don't like it.
Dinner last night was delish. I had some chicken sausages that I cooked up in a pan w/ a little olive oil. I cooked some sweet potatoes in the oven (oh sweet heaven I love sweet potatoes) & I made up some rice pilaf.. None of it really "went" together, but it was darn good anyways.
Happy Friday! I'm so glad it's Friday!
Friday, April 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment