Tuesday, December 15, 2009

30 day Shred with Jillian Michaels.

Last week I discovered that BrightHouse has exercise on-demand. I've been wanting to add something new to my excercising. Running is great, but I want more. So i decided to try out some work outs.

The first one I tried way weird. It was called back.2.bollywood. It was an Indian Lady and you did some Indian dance moves, it was fun, but not my cup of tea. I was sweating, but I didn't feel like I got to much out of.

So the next day I did Biggest Loser Cardio Max- OMG. I didn't stretch before or after- bad, bad, bad idea. I was so sore for the next 3 days I could literally barely move. I was also coming down with a sore throat and a cough, throw it all together and i was extremely miserable. Nothing helped my muscles. I took muscle relaxers, IBuprofen, and soaked in an epsom salt filled bath, nothing helped. I just had to let my muscles do their thing.

So this Sunday (Dec 13th), I decided to start Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I've read alot about it on a Health & Fitness board that I frequent. I googled results, and saw some good results. I don't want to necessarily lose alot of weight, but I want to gain strength and tone.

The workouts are based on 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of ABS. She goes through the cycle 3 times, and thats the entire workout. There are 3 different levels. From what i've read, you do each level for 10 days, and then move to the next level- hence the "30" day shred.

Tuesday I did a 3.13 mile run, and today, Wednesday, I did the 2nd day of 30 Day Shred.  Tomorrow i'll be out after work getting in another 3 miles.

I have my 3rd 5k this weekend in Lakeland. The Santa Sprint 5k. Hoping to PR, but 26:30 is a pretty good time, i'm not sure if I can beat that.

Gotta go study.

0 comments:

Post a Comment